Friday, April 30, 2010

Samuel Kenneth Finzer Update 69

Here we go again. From my wife:

I took Samuel to Children's ER yesterday afternoon because he was breathing so heavy and very labored.

The Drs thought that he had a severe asthma attack. They also speculated that he had a virus (i.e. RSV). However, after reviewing the results of the CT scan, the Drs found out that Samuel has a pneumothorax in his right lung ... again! They discontinued the breathing treatments and meds to treat asthma. Right now I am typing this message while the surgeons are in the process of inserting a chest tube to release the pressure in the area. Last time, Samuel had a 5 day stay. I am expecting about the same amount of days this time around.

Pray for Samuel for a speedy recovery. My poor baby has gone through so much ... yet, spontaneous pneumothorax can occur any time, especially in the same area of previous ones. I am hoping and praying that this is the last one.

I request no visitors until Samuel is transferred out of PICU to a regular room.

Keep us in your prayers.

Love,

Leyla

No comments: