Saturday, January 3, 2009

Samuel Kenneth Finzer Update 32

As of 4pm yesterday they turned off the Nitric Oxide. They also reduced the fentanyl (the pain med) to .5 mcg. He stayed at 28% oxygen for the day.

I called the nurse this morning. They are expecting to take Samuel completely off the ventilator this afternoon. They had to do a lot of suctioning this morning and Samuel had a small set back but then he was fine shortly. They had to give him a dose of ativan to calm him down. I am planning to visit Samuel this afternoon. I want to be there when the take the ventilator off. This is a big step. Please pray that Samuel would be able to breath well on his own.

Big thanks to all that gave money to help with the medical bills; family foundations class, cornerstone class, spousology class, and neighbors. I was a little anxious how we were going to pay the medical bills. Thanks to all of you; I really have a peace that God is going to take care of every detail of this trial.

Thanks to our neighbor Diedra for the breast milk freezing organizer. This is perfect timing since Leyla is almost producing more that what the hospital vials can hold.

Thanks to the Driesbach's for the wonderful treat bag. We feel spoiled.

Yesterday I took the girls to COSI because they worked so hard on Thursday taking down the Christmas decorations inside and filling up the van with junk from the crawl space. My 5 year old must have gone up and down the stairs a hundred times. Jasmine (my three year old) filled the back of the mini van with junk. Jasmine and I were sick last night from something we ate at COSI. Who knows what it was, I ordered a little bit of everything. Praise God that we are both better after a good nights sleep.

Holding on to this verse today:

Philipians 4:6
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about being sick after COSI - that has happened to me after eating there as well. We pack food now when we go! Praying specifically for Samuel to come off the vent - the pedialyte is a big praise!