Friday, December 19, 2008

Samuel Kenneth Finzer Update 13

Wow. A lot of changes today. This is like a live soap opera.

The surgery will not be today. It will be some time next week before Christmas. They took Samuel off the oscillating ventilator at 11:15AM and put him on the regular ventilator. This is not a test like it was two days ago. The doctor thinks he is doing well enough for the conventional ventilator. They had to up his dose of sedative last night because he was agitated. They are planning to reduce it back to where it was today.

They had to give Samuel lasix to help him drain some fluid. They also gave him some blood because they are taking blood every 4 hours for lab work.

Another huge thing that happened when they switched him to the conventional ventalator is he opened his eyes again. I took the opportunity to sing Old McDonald had a Farm to him. They had his head turned to the left side since he was born because it is required for the ocillating ventalator was on the left side. They turned it to the right side. I can't imagine having my head turned to one side for 7 days straight. All good news.

I am so thankful to God that Samuel is doing well. I am so thankful for all of you that are reading this blog and are encouraged by Samuel's progress. I am so thankful for all of your prayers. I am so thankful for all of the kind comments, notes, cards, and calls from all of you. I am so thankful for all of the unexpected gifts that have been arriving at our door.

Thank you for holding our hands and hearts through this roller coaster.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news! I don't know how many hundreds of people will be praying for Samuel in Ohio. But, I do know that there are 400 praying for him here in Jacksonville. We are going to keep it up full force until he's home with you and fully healed.

As for the singing, just don't teach him that wierd song you came up with in 7th grade.--Cherie